Alloy 24 / 1.4565
Data sheet Alloy 24 Download "Click here”
Please use the contact form to request the more comprehensive Alloy 24 brochure as a PDF file.
Material Data Sheet
|EN Name||X2CrNiMnMoNbN25-18- 5-4|
|Brand Names||4565 S/ P512|
|Standards||EN 10088-2/ ASTM S240/ SEW 400|
Main fields of application of 1.4565
Alloy 24 is a nitrogen and molybdenum alloyed austenitic stainless steel, resistant to intergranular corrosion and excellent resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking in sea water and other corrosive media.
Fields of application are:
- Chemical Process Industry (CPI)
- Flue gas desulphurisation (FGD) in power plants as well as on large sea going vessels
- Seawater desalination and other seawater applications
- Food industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Heat exchangers
Chemical composition of 1.4565
|Ni %||Cr %||Mn %||Mo %||N %||C %||Fe|
Characteristics of 1.4565
|Temperature-range||Wet corrosion material up to ~400°C|
|ISO-V charpy||120J (longitudinal))/ 90J (transverse) >10mm material at RT|
|Elongation Rp0,2||420N/mm² (240N/mm² bei 400°C)|
|Extension 100°C to 20°C||14,5|
Some properties of Alloy 24:
- Very good general corrosion properties
- Very high resistance to localized corrosion such as pitting and crevice corrosion
- Very good resistance to different types of stress corrosion cracking
- Very good mechanical properties
- Very good weldability
- Very good formability
- Many active references
- Acc VDTÜV Werkstoffblatt applicable for pressure applications in a temperature range of -196-400 ° C
- Very good resistance in seawater applications and other applications of acids and alkalis
- Described in the standard for German swimming pool construction and tunnel applications Z-30.3-6 in the resistance class IV (5 / severe)
- Use in flue gas desulfurization in power plants and vessel FGD
- Substitute for various alloys such as Duplex, Alloy 31 or nickel alloys with many advantages
Forging temperature at about 1150-950 ° C with cooling on air.
Solution annealing 1170-1120 ° C with cooling in water.
Comparison of the critical pitting and crevice corrosion temperature with the PREn number
Comparison of the mechanical properties as a function of corrosion resistance
Sheets / Plates mm
5 - 25
With short-term delivery:
Sheets, pipes, flanges, forged or cut from plate rings and discs, elbows, tees, reducers, screws, nuts, washers according to your dimensions.On our plasma or waterjet cutting machine, we can cut according to your drawings / dimension.Our standard stock is 2020X6050mm. We may cut to your desired dimension upon request.
This material data sheet was prepared in good faith. Still we do not guarantee the accuracy of the statements.
Material Outlet by Hempel
ECONOXX.com offers buyers a new and uncomplicated procurement channel, which also includes small quantities and materials in special alloys at favourable conditions.
powered by Hempel
Sheets & plates (2)
Please enter the desired parameters